Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

I love Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays and usually I go all out decorating. This year, for some reason, I did not. I put out the flag, added a couple of bunnies around the house and called it done. On Saturday I was still helping the Easter bunny shop. We finally colored eggs at 9:00 that night. E was all into it and made sure her eggs were brightly colored!
Z multitasked...colored eggs and texted his girlfriend.Later C and his girlfriend colored a couple of eggs.

Easter morning, we made the teenagers get up early to open baskets. They all looked like death when they woke up, but by the time we were ready to leave for church, they looked like this:

This year, E hid the eggs for my cousins' younger kids.


Every year, we would take a picture of all the cousins getting ready to hunt eggs. This year, none of my kids were in that picture. It was bittersweet. I love that they are growing up and becoming more independent, but I can't help it...I miss them getting excited about finding chocolate in a plastic egg.

No comments: