Wednesday, February 4, 2009

kids, cooking

Another busy week.
Weekend: Saturday, E had an out of town basketball game and afterwards we went shopping. Sunday we hooked the new tv up so we could watch the Superbowl. I still haven't found a table that I am crazy about, so it is sitting on the old entertainment center. Such a lovely look! If my home state teams aren't playing, I don't really care about the outcome, but C was really rooting for the Steelers. He wasn't disappointed! It was a good game! I loved the Bridgestone commerical with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, the Budweisser one with the circus, and the Doritos one with the snow globe. Z and the phone man liked the one with the moose head.

Monday: Z and E had eye appts. Z's vision is perfect. E has to get glasses to see the board. She was less than thrilled. The doc told her she only has to wear them to see the boards at school or if she is watching a movie. She picked out cute purple frames. She had a playoff basketball game to cheer at that evening. Last one for the girl's team ~ they lost.

Tuesday: The phone man and I had eye appts. My vision hadn't changed, so I kept my same reading glasses. Hubby got new glasses to wear at night. He has this weird condition that keeps night light from reflecting or something. It is complicated to me. Z had a wrestling match and E was supposed to cheer at the boys' basketball game, but decided she wanted to to the wrestling match instead. The boys lost too, so cheering basketball is over until next year.

Today, I am hanging around the house. I am defrosting some cooked chicken to make chicken and noodles for supper. It is cold and windy, so that will hit the spot. I came upon this 'recipe' quite by accident. I was making homemade chicken noodle soup and let the liquid evaporate. The kids told me they like this better. It is comfort food at its best! I think I'll put the Kitchenaid to work too and make C some chocolate white chip cookies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to have some chicken and noodles right now!

Vicki said...

Thank you!! I wish more people in my life would tell me I'm doing the right thing because I'm being told every day I am hurting him. The school is still calling me and telling me he needs to be back with his class/his friends. Then I start second guessing myself. I'm so confused and scared that I'm hurting him. I just don't know. But, thanks for the encouragement...I need it!!

Vicki said...

My favorite superbowl commercial was the ETrade babies LOL...I laugh every time I think about that one :-)

Rachel said...

MMM cookies. Yes. My kitchen aid will be helping me shortly to make some too!