Monday, January 26, 2009

Dances

E's middle school Valentine Dance is coming up. We spent Saturday afternoon in Kennesaw looking for the perfect dress. She is not going with a date. She is going with a group of friends and then they will go out to eat as a group. So why are we looking for a perfect dress? My daughter is 4'11" and weighs 83 lbs. She is basically the smallest one in her class. Which is good for cheerleading when they need to lift her high in the air. It is not good when all your friends shop at the 'chic' shops and nothing there will fit you. We go to the mall and go into Charlotte Russe where she finds this cute dress...only see above. The smallest size doesn't fit her. We go to several other stores in the mall and she can't find a dress she loves. Oh...I can't wait until she is in high school and we can shop for prom dresses. Finally, it is decided that she loves the first dress and we will just have it altered. Luckily, it wasn't that expensive, because if MawMaw can't alter it, the cost of having it altered might do me in. Now she is begging for fake nails (a big no no in cheerleading/tumbling ~ she would have to have them put on Friday night and taken off by Monday afternoon) and having her hair done. Can we say WHAT???? Sometimes it wears me out. Then I take a picture of this:

And I want to give her the world!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

They snag our hearts from day one! And then being the only girl.. and the baby.. ohoo, it makes it that much more harder to say no. At least, that's what I tell myself about mine: She's the oldest.. she's such a good kid... he's the middle.. the only boy....she's the last one.. spoiled rotten and so selfless... see! LOL

Vicki said...

She's so tiny!! Kinley is 10 and is over 100 pounds. She's not overweight but does have a little extra weight.

As for the shake, I don't see why the egg couldn't be left out. At first I wasn't sure about putting it in there but then though well, I eat cake batter and it's in there LOL. It really was good!