Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow? No

We got snow flurries (with some real flakes thrown in) last night. E was getting text messages from her friends all night about the possibility of school closing today. Not quite ~ it wasn't cold enough for it to stick. It is cold and windy today though.

Z's wrestling match for tonight was canceled. The other schools had pulled out for some reason. He has practice after school and then we will get to spend a nice evening at home.

Circuit City is closing. I am sad that so many stores are closing around here. Goody's closed and it is rumored that our mall is going to close too. Pretty soon, I'll have to drive to Atlanta to shop. On the plus side, we got an excellent deal on a new camcorder and tv at Circuit City on Sunday. I need to shop for a new table to put the tv on. For some reason, hubby doesn't want to mount it on the wall.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We just got a few flurries too!

Vicki said...

No flurries for us...not even close. It's hard to even get excited when it does start to snow because it never sticks. We did get a little last March but what little stuck was gone by morning. It's been 8 years since we had any significant amount of snow.

Rachel said...

I am hoping to get a new camera from Circuit City. I need to hurry though, I'm sure the good stuff I gonna get picked over quickly!

It's cool here... no where near freezing or cold enough for snow. Crazy weather. I hope we have a mild summer!

ShellinPz said...

It's the coldest tonight here that I remember in years. May even freeze - and I don't like it. I'm a Florida Girl!

Congrats on the good deal at Circuit City. FYI, if you want extended warranties, you can buy them at Best Buy, even though the products came from another store. I didn't know that until recently, but since CC is going south, it's helpful info.

Y'all stay warm!